Mass Announcements - February 22 (Upcoming Events)
See also the Bulletin and Sign Up Forms!
We draw your attention to our Easter Sunday Mass schedule. We have added an extra mass and adjusted the times for the Masses to accommodate family and friends who join us for Easter.
Easter Sunday, April 5 Mass times are: 6:30 a.m.; 8 a.m.; 9:45 a.m.; 11:30 a.m.; 1:30 p.m.
(The Vigil begins on Saturday, April 4 at 8:45 p.m.)
See our Lenten page for activities and events.
- Remember all our Sunday/weekday readers (lectors) and those interested in reading during Mass, please attend the Saturday, March 7 Reader's workshop from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. in the Parish Activities Center (PAC). The workshop leads to commissioning the weekend of April 18/19. Please RSVP by contacting Stephanie MacGillivray at smacgillivray [at] stfrancisa2 [dot] org or 734-821-2123 Read more...
- On Tuesday, March 10 at 7 p.m. in the Parish Activities Center (PAC), you are invited to join the conversation on "Sharing your Faith." Adam Janke of St. Paul Street Evangelization will be our guest speaker. For information on the Tuesday, March 10 talk, please contact Dcn Rich Badics at rbadics [at] stfrancisa2 [dot] org or Ellen Ward at ward [at] stfrancisa2 [dot] org or 734-821-2132. Ushers and greeters (currently EMHCs), please read your invite here!
- You are invited to Lenten Evening Prayer with Benediction, Dinner, and a Talk on "How to Hear God's Voice" on Thursday, March 12 at 6:30 p.m. (beginning in church).
- Our annual Educational Trust Fund Benefit is this Saturday Feb 28 at 6pm at the Sheraton Hotel. Tickets for Stock the Bar raffle are available for sale in the Gathering Space after our Masses or on-line by clicking here. A further great opportunity to support our parish school in its ministry.
- We are looking for a few extra helpers for our Monday morning Church cleaning. crew. There are tasks for every ability. If you can help with the task, please contact Dave Barera at the parish office at 734-821-2100
- Diocesan Services Appeal begins next weekend! The Introductory brochure is in today’s bulletin!
- Our second Stations of the Cross for Lent is this Friday at 7pm and will be led by Fr. Tom.
- Remember that we are invited to pray for one another during Lent. The purple sheets “let me share your cross” are at the doors as you leave today.This is not a one for one exchange so if you feel blessed and can carry a greater burden, feel free to take as many as you are comfortable praying for.
- We continue our fish dinners on Fridays and invite you and your family and friends to join us. We now accept cash and credit/debit cards. Funds raised help to reduce the tuition cost for our families attending the school.
- It’s not too late to join a small group. Some groups are just starting this week.
- This Lent we participate in the CRS Rice Bowl as we journey in the company of our brothers and sisters around the world and to share with them from our many blessings. This week we learn about Tanzania and her people and culture.
- From March 2-9 we will host the Homeless Shelter here at St. Francis. We need lots of helpers from drivers to overnight hosts/coordinators. This a very practical Lenten activity for individuals or for a family. This year we will host approximately 25 homeless men from our community.
- Our Lenten Bible Study “Wounded Warriors: The Nature of Discipleship” continues on Thursdays at 7pm with repeats on Tuesday mornings.
- Details of our upcoming day trips to the Shrine of Our Lady of Consolation, Carey, OH. on March 25 and to Grand Rapids on April 14 are in the Bulletin. You can now sign up for either or both trips!
- We continue our Hopes and Dreams campaign to match a donation of $40,000 for school tuition assistance. We have raised $36,000 towards our goal. Thank You! Envelopes are available as you leave Mass today. Give to the Hopes and Dreams Fund Further information is in the bulletin on the campaign and how you can avail of it to send your child to our parish school.
- During Lent we will once again take part in the CRS Rice Bowl campaign that invites us all to journey through Lent in the company of our brothers and sisters around the world and to share with them from the many blessings that we have all received. Each week we will learn about a different nation and culture, sample their cuisine and pray with them. Rice bowls are in the bulletin! Its a great Lenten activity and one that reminds us that our identity in Christ is wider than even our parish community. Click here if you wish to learn more about Rice Bowl.
- Our Lenten Bible Study “Wounded Warriors: The Nature of Discipleship” led by Jim Miller continues this Thursday at 7pm and runs for five weeks with repeats on Tuesday mornings: a great way to discover your call and identity as Disciple of Christ! You can call the Parish Office or register online here.
- On March 7 we invite all our Sunday/weekday readers and those who would like to join this ministry to a special Readers’ Workshop that will focus on how best to proclaim the Word of God.
- 2015-16 Preschool Enrichment Registration for three and four year old children begins now. Download an application here. Classes start in September. Enroll today. Read more...
Religious Education and sacramental preparation classes for children in grades preschool through 8th grade has begun. It's not too late to sign up! Sign up on-line here! Forms are also available in the Religious Education and parish offices. Read more
Toddler & 2s is available during the 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Masses. No pre-registration is needed. Bring your children to the nursery, located in the basement of the church.