Mass Announcements - February 1 (Upcoming Events)
See also the Bulletin and Sign Up Forms!
- As you heard in this week's homily we invite you to support our school’s Hopes and Dreams Fund campaign to help us meet our anonymous donor’s $40,000 challenge on behalf of tuition assistance for new families.
Confirmation Candidates, please plan on attending one of the preparation meetings, either today (Sunday, February 1) at 3pm or Wednesday, February 4 at 6:30 p.m. in the PAC.
- St. Francis Middle School is presenting Aladdin Jr. next weekend. The shows are in the PAC Friday evening at 7pm and Saturday afternoon at 2pm Tickets are $8.00 in advance and $10.00 at the door. Details and a ticket order form in the bulletin. (At the 8:30 & 10:30 masses the students will present a brief scene from the show)
- If you missed the first session of our School of Discipleship class: Pray All Ways? Join us on Tuesday at 7pm in the Music Room. Janene Ternes will present Praying with Mind, Body and Spirit.
- Lent begins Feb 18. See our Lenen page for activities and events.
- On Ash Wednesday we will have 4 Masses: 7am; 9:15am; 12:15 pm (lunchtime;) and 7 pm.
- We draw your attention to our Easter Sunday Mass schedule. We have added an extra mass and tweaked the other times for Masses to accommodate family and friends who join us for Easter. Easter Sunday, April 5 Mass times are: 6:30 a.m.; 8 a.m.; 9:45 a.m.; 11:30 a.m.; 1:30 p.m.
- Our Lenten Bible Study entitled “Wounded Warriors: The Nature of Discipleship” will be led by Jim Miller. Five classes, on Thursday evenings and repeated again on Tuesday mornings. a great way to discover your call and identity as Disciple of Christ!
- Our Lenten Small Groups begin soon. the chosen book “Rise! Living the Risen Life” is available on the book rack.
- This year our parish is hosting our regional Rite of Election, at which all those entering the Church at Easter will be received by Bishop Boyea. We are in need of mid-morning snacks for approximately 400 people and for a few people to help host the reception. Check your calendars and sign up to bake a treat or lend a hand.
- The next Women’s Group meeting will be at 7pm Tue, Feb 10 in the PAC. Fr. James will share his journey to the priesthood and talk about discernment.
Religious Education and sacramental preparation classes for children in grades preschool through 8th grade has begun. It's not too late to sign up! Sign up on-line here! Forms are also available in the Religious Education and parish offices. Read more
Toddler & 2s is available during the 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Masses. No pre-registration is needed. Bring your children to the nursery, located in the basement of the church.